Tuesday 13 May 2008

giving them a chance

I have come across so many youth work situations where young people are not given a chance, not allowed to do things, just because they are young. I have even faced this myself, but in a different way, being blind. People are reluctant to beleive that I could do something, that I would be able to do it, just because I was blind. this has generally made me more determined to show people what I can and what I can't do. I am generally aware of what I can and what I can't do. So why should others make that judgment for me. And the same is so true for young people, why should we be the ones who decide what they are capable of and what they aren't. Jesus always said, that we should go to him like little children, so why don't we? And if he believed in young people so much, then we shoudl do the same.

No comments: