Wednesday 13 June 2007

Working with the Culture?

there are two quick things I want to say about this today, the first is working with young people is often difficult because of one thing, and that is where they come from. so many times I ve worked so hard with a young person, but then met theiparents, visited their surroundings and then everything becomes obvioulsy clear to me. So the chlallenge is for us to work witht the young person in their culture, but also haelp them to break out of their culture. the second issue with culture,is how much culture are we allowed or prepared o work with? On a personal basis there is little I am afraid of if God can use then, I will be there to put myself in Gods hands. Times move on, and things change, God knows that himself, so he also knows that he can and does use things for his purpose, so let's nt be afriad or against many things in the uclture that we live in, le's even use some of it for the furthering of Gods kingdom.

No comments: