Tuesday 8 May 2007

what does our passion show?

I heard someone speak recently, about being passionate and the affect that this would have on other people. The speaker was suggesting that our passion, in whatever it was could inspire, enthuse, and encourage those around us. so here's the challenge,what is it that we are passionate about? And do we want to infect others with our passion. Surely if we have found something that excites, inspires us, and gives us hope for our future, isn't this something to be passionate about when we are with others. People are happy to be passionate about the footy, or whatever their individual interest may be, but if we know that God is there for all, wants that relationship with all, and helps us through all situations, isn't that worth getting passionate baout as well, as all the other things that we can be passionate baout in our lives.

1 comment:

Revd. Neal Terry said...

Interesting post but I think that your passion comes across as always being upbeat, happy full on joyous about God. Faith is not like that for everyone. I am intenseley passionate about my faith but in many ways it is not a comfort in my life. There are times when I think that my life would be a lot easier if I chose consciously to eschew belief for rationalism excepting that I know that path to be equally beset with traps and pitfalls.

There is room in the world for Job and me!