Wednesday 2 May 2007

Searching for truth

As I spend time talking with different people, the one thing that people like to be assured of is truth. What ever they hear, what ever they are being told, they want to be asured that it is truth. If we are to people of truth, then people need to be able to trust us, and not think that we are just another crank in society. recently I have been looking at whether it is logical to believe in God with some sixth form philosophy students, and expalained where I came from and how God had done things in my life. As I explained these things, I asked the question if they trusted me, did they think I was of sound mind, or was I someone who they would class as a lier. T reaction I got was, that I had no eason to lie to this group, so they were happy to trust me, and this is the starting point to where we can go with young people. For, if they trust us, if they knwo that we are not cranks, and if they know that we can speak abut our experiences of God in our lives, then they start to talk, ask questions, but treat us as people, people they can have a relationship with as oposed to cranks who believe in something wierd. Let's be assured of what we believe, know it to be truth, and be real to who we are, so that others will listen, and we iwll listen as they alk, and together we can go on a journey of exploration, examining eividence for the existence of God.

No comments: