Tuesday 27 March 2007

Privacy vs public

I was thinking through this issue recently, where I gave a number of young people the opportunity to respond to the Christian message. It was not until after the event had finished that people told me that some of the young people had responded in the way that I had hoped they would. If we give people the opportunity to decide something is tha down to their own privacy, or do we have to make it oh so public on them. My thoughts were, that ultimately if a young person responds to the Christian message, that is between them and god, but then arises the bigger issue of howdo we follow up on this decision. If someone responds they need to now what they can do about their decision, and they need a little guidence. so my feeling is becoming more on the balanced side of things, and yes let them make that personal private decision, but then enter into conversation with them afterwards and see if they opn up about their decision and engage further with them.

No comments: