Tuesday 17 April 2007

Who has the impact?

As I have spent some time thinking about who has made an impact in my life, and who I see impacting the lives of other people, it occurs to me that those who make the greatest impact are those who first of all seek no notariety for the actions, and secondly, those wo believe in the people they are relationg too. I have come across so many people who would never believe themselves to be youth workers, but the way they interact with young people is absolutely amazing. they listn, they talk, they interact, they accknowledge the young person as a person, and they treat them in a way that does not judge. the challenge that Ihave started to feel is that we cannot necessarily automatically decide who is a youth worker and who is not just by their qualifications, or even by their words, but look at how they interact with people and how they bring thebest out of people. Actions really do speak louder than words some times.

No comments: